The Catholic University of America Department of Public Safety
May 19, 2017
The Department of Public Safety (DPS) received information regarding a shooting that occurred at approximately 4:10 pm, in the parking lot of the Brookland Metro Station. Metro Police informed DPS that a suspect shot a male victim in the parking lot. The victim was transported to the hospital for treatment. The suspect was last seen driving out of the parking lot at a high rate of speed. Metro Transit Police and MPD are investigating this incident. No member of the CUA community is known to be involved.
The suspect was described as a black male driving a silver color sedan. No further information provided.
· Be aware of your surrounding at all times.
· Familiarize and use the Emergency Telephones that are located on campus.
· Contact DPS on (202) 319-5111.
· Report any suspicious individuals to the Department of Public Safety.
· Program the telephone number of the Department of Public Safety into your cell phone in case of an emergency. (202) 319-5111.